With just a few supplies, you can make these adorable fortune cookies just in time for Valentine’s Day! They are pretty easy to make and can also be used for a Chinese New Year celebration, wedding or baby shower favors.
Paper Fortune Cookies
Supplies you will need:
- Cardstock paper
- Medium glue dots or hot glue gun
- A circular object to trace like a glass or small bowl or a circle cutter
- Paper strips to write or print your fortune message
1. Trace your shape on the back of your paper. You can use any size, but the larger your circle, the larger your cookie will be. I used my circle cutter to cut 3 3/4″ circles.
2. Cut a piece of paper into strips and have your child write a message on each strip of paper. I cut my paper 3 1/2″ wide to fit nicely into the circle shape. You can also type your message, then print and cut them into strips.
3. Place your message in middle of the circle.
4. Fold the circle in half, but do not crease it.
5. Use your other hand to hold the paper between your middle finger and your thumb.
6. Use your index finger to push in the center of the paper.
7. Place glue dots or use your glue gun to add glue near the fold. I started out using the small glue dots you see in the pic because I couldn’t find my medium ones. They didn’t hold very well so I ended up using my glue gun to finish.
8. Insert your fingers into the hole and press the adhesive together for a few seconds until it bonds.
And now you have an adorable paper fortune cookie!
What other cute Valentine’s Day craft ideas do you have?