buy research papers online no plagiarism http://mcorchestra.org/6980-cover-letter-venture-capital-examples/ go viagra free trial uk business plan activity center https://www.myrml.org/outreach/thesis-driven-comparative-essay/42/ watch enter need help with statistics homework help to write a good essay special education research paper topics source where i can get viagra in sydney see url go site thesis offshore wind farm follow site dissertation write up source url https://ramapoforchildren.org/youth/college-essay-help/47/ follow url buy thesis proposal viagra ne me fait rien definition essay examples levitra bayard http://bookclubofwashington.org/books/reflections-essay-example/14/ http://mcorchestra.org/2190-customized-paper/ acheter du viagra montreal interactions with methadone and viagra professional resume writing services in houston thesis defense intro enter site Highland Bakery’s Sweet Potato Pancakes
A few years ago when I was in Atlanta, my cousin took me brunch at Highland Bakery. Best brunch I have ever had! One of the things that I enjoyed most was the sweet potato pancakes. While they are not hard to make, they do take time (do not skip the brown sugar butter sauce in favor of regular syrup!). But they are sooo worth it! And be sure to visit Highland Bakery if you are in the Atlanta area.
2 medium-small sweet potatoes
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup ( 1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
Vegetable oil for cooking
Brown Sugar Butter Sauce (see recipe below)
Toasted pecans for garnish
Brown Sugar Butter Sauce:
This simple sauce, used instead of maple syrup, will remind you of pralines.
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup water
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and pierce all over with a fork. Microwave 6 to 7 minutes on high, until they are easily pierced through with a knife or fork (I prefer to bake potatoes, I think they taster sweeter when baked). Slit the sweet potatoes lengthwise and let cool enough so you can handle them, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, measure and sift together into a large mixing bowl the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- When potatoes are still warm but not too hot to handle, spoon the flesh into a measuring cup. When you have 1 1/4 cups, transfer to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the butter and process until smooth.
- Add the eggs and brown sugar and blend until smooth.
- Add as much of the milk as the bowl can easily contain and blend.
- Spoon the sweet potato mixture and remaining milk into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix with a spoon until just combined.
- Heat a skillet or griddle lightly coated with vegetable oil on medium heat.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of batter onto the hot griddle.
- When pancakes start to bubble, flip and cook until golden.
- Serve with Brown Sugar Butter Sauce and toasted pecans.
For Brown Sugar Butter Sauce:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in the water and let simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.