We are right in the middle of pumpkin season and I’m sharing yet another yummy pumpkin recipe. I love this french toast bake because it’s easy and you can even prepare it the night before then just pop it in the oven in the morning. Smells like heaven and tastes like it too!
Pumpkin French Toast Bake with Vanilla Sauce Recipe
1 loaf of french bread cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup milk
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla flavor
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 8 oz. package of neufchatel cheese
1. Add the neufchatel cheese, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla to a mixing bowl and use and electric mixer to blend well.
2. Add the eggs one at time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Gradually add the milk and the pumpkin puree.
4. Spray the bottom of a baking dish with cooking spray and add the bread to the dish.
5. Slowly pour the liquid mixture over the bread. Use a rubber spatula or the back of a spoon to gently press the bread into the mixture to make sure that it is saturated with the mixture. Let stand for 30 minutes.
6. Bake at 350° for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Top with vanilla sauce and serve while warm.
(prepare 10 minutes before French toast comes out of the oven)
1 cup of water
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons vanilla flavor
2 tablespoons butter
1. Add sugar and cornstarch to a small saucepan.
2. Add 1 cup of boiling water and stir constantly for about 5 minutes.
3. Move saucepan to stove top with medium heat.
4. Add in vanilla flavor and butter.
5. Cook until thickened.
6. Spoon over French toast and serve immediately.