For the entire year that led up to my 40th birthday, everyone kept asking me the same question, “ best friend essay https://greenechamber.org/blog/cover-letter-for-gallery-intern/74/ custom creative writing writing service http://mcorchestra.org/6740-sunnie-and-shia-essay/ how to write divorce papers order orlistat online were can i buy a pill with fgr 100 on it australia custom essay https://www.sojournercenter.org/finals/internet-argumentative-essay/85/ go to link enter site book writing service https://artsgarage.org/blog/thesis-evaluation-rubric/83/ essay writer program thesis film definition topics for descriptive essays for college https://lajudicialcollege.org/forall/for-essay/16/ http://www.danhostel.org/papers/article-essay/11/ follow url viagra auf rechnung resume writing service mississauga go here discount viagra india https://www.cochise.edu/academic/mba-essay-writer/32/ viagra generico miglior prezzo https://thedsd.com/ucas-help-with-personal-statement/ see url follow link essay starting paragraph http://teacherswithoutborders.org/teach/mfa-creative-writing-chicagov/21/ lipitor coupon cialis viagra What are you going to do to celebrate?” And they all seemed so disappointed when I said, “Nothing really.” But apparently, my plans for a quiet birthday this year fell on deaf ears. My friends had other ideas.
Imagine how shocked I was when I arrived at a restaurant to see two of my closest friends yell, “Surprise!” They had flown in just to celebrate with me on my birthday.
We had such a great time doing what we do best…eating, talking and laughing.
In that moment, I realized how blessed I am to have such amazing women as friends. It also reminded me of what true friends will do for you:
- They will show up when you need them (even when you didn’t realize that you did).
- They will tell you when your outfit is not working, when your mascara is running, when your spanx are showing and when are committing any other fashion crime.
- They are genuinely happy when something good happens in your life (even when things are not going well for them).
- They will lie for you when absolutely necessary (within reason, of course).
- They can be trusted not to throw your mistakes in your face. But…
- They will gently remind you when you are about to make the same one again.
- They know the difference between when you want advice and when you just want to vent.
- They do not tear you down to make them feel better about themselves.
- They NEVER judge you or the stupid things you might do.
- They will not say anything behind your back that they will not say to your face.
- They will tell you the truth and call you on your mess even (and especially) when you don’t want to hear it.
- They don’t have to talk to you for months but when they do, you pick up right where you left off.
- They give to your friendship just as much as they take.
- They add value to your life.
- They accept and love you for who you are and not what you have.
Did I forget any? What else do true friends do?
Follow me on twitter @herlifeinspired