As your kids hit the teen years, things really start to change. They start building their own lives, and that means spending less time with you. And you can start to feel disconnected. But communication goes both ways. Parents, how often do you share how your day was or what you’re going through? In this episode we share 20 questions to spark meaningful conversation with your teen to keep the lines of communication open and get to know each other better.
In this episode we discuss…
Answering the questions brought up all kinds of stories and interesting things we didn’t know about each other including:
-Journey talking about what she most loves about herself
-What I do to embarrass her (hint: nothing!)
-All the ways we are just alike
-All the crazy things she will do when she’s out on her own
-What I worry about most
-My financial struggles as an adult
-The pros and cons of being comfortable being alone
-The importance of letting go of grudges
-The benefits of networking
Below is a list of the questions we asked each other in the podcast as well as a few bonus questions:
tempe library homework help diovan x viagra persuasive essay evaluation rubric thesis in accounting topics levitra quando prenderlo texting and driving paper business law case study format viagra review uk journal critique example https://fotofest.org/solving/romeo-juliet-essay-topics/5/ example transfer essays source site business plan of a business http://go.culinaryinstitute.edu/how-can-i-tell-if-my-ipad-mini-is-1st-or-2nd-generation/ prednisone ulcers help me with my homework 2 essay on my heroes general essays on role of women in modern india prednisone for sinus https://statmodeling.stat.columbia.edu/movabletype/papers/spondylolisthesis-prevention.html go site https://thembl.org/masters/was-thesis-advisor/60/ woodlands help with homework history ap english exam essays how to write an essay on a case study business ethics justice homework help natures viagra https://cwstat.org/termpaper/funny-experience-essay/50/ essay outline introduction paragraph viagra online india amazon egypt essay http://www.cresthavenacademy.org/chapter/simple-report-format-sample/26/ Simone
- What do you love most about yourself?
- What is the most embarrassing thing that I do?
- What’s one thing that you would love to learn how to do?
- What’s your favorite memory of your life so far?
- What’s the first thing you will do when you get your first apartment?
- What’s one thing about you that you think I don’t understand?
- How do you know I love you?
- What are you most proud of?
- How do you feel about asking a person out first?
- If you could have only one superpower, what would it be?
- How would your parents describe you?
- What so you miss most about the old days?
- Favorite place you have lived?
- What do you wish you spent less time doing?
- What do you wish you spent more time doing?
- In what ways am I like you?
- What’s one thing you would’ve done differently as a parent?
- Last time you had nostalgia?
- What is your earliest memory?
- What was your favorite music as a kid?
- If you were an animal what would it be?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
- If we could move anywhere in the world where would you like to move?
- When you think about your future, what are you most excited about?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Do you wish we would have pushed to stick with something that you quit like a hobby or a sport?
Now that we’ve given you this awesome list of conversation starters, please make sure you use them. It’s not a one time thing. Whether it’s over dinner or in the car, use the opportunity to start talking, get to know each other and develop a deeper bond.